CONGRATULATIONS 2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Since 2014 will soon be history, let us salute & congratulate our 2014 National Champions. Well done!
ASRA SPRINT SERIES
2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
A. David Rhodes
ASRA TEAM CHALLENGE SERIES
2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Grease Monkey Racing|
Eric Helmbach, Captain
Tom Eubank, Captain
Pure Action Sports
Jasin Kania, Captain
CHAMPIONSHIP CUP SERIES
2014 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
Boelo Lussenburg Jr.
Mark Miller Jr.
2015 LICENSE RENEWAL MAILER
Find out what will be New in 2015 by downloading the 2015 License Renewal Mailer!
The mailer contains information that hasn't been announced here or elsewhere thus far.
In addition to entry fees, schedules & the license application itself, examine the very last page "Rules Committee Recommendations for 2015" to see what has changed in your favorite racing Classes.
2015 LRRS NorthEast Schedule Corrections
The Loudon Road Race Series' Aug. 29-30, 2015, event should be changed to September 12-13, per Brenda Leonard, the LRRS Series Director.
All other New Hampshire race dates on our Tentative Schedules are correct with the addition of a Racing School the day prior to each event.
TENTATIVE 2015 ASRA/CCS SCHEDULES RELEASED
December 1, 2014
It is with great pleasure that we release our CCS/ASRA Schedules for 2015 .. especially since our riders will once again have the opportunity to race at Daytona International Speedway in the Spring during BikeWeek!
Keep in mind that these are TENTATIVE & should be used for planning purposes only.
As always, schedules are subject to change, so check this website often for announcements.
CCS ADVANCEMENT LIST RELEASED
We are excited to reveal the names of 114 Amateur riders whose exceptional performance in 2014 warrants their advancement to the Expert ranks in 2015.
Congratulations to all!
Go to our Forms page to download the list of new CCS Experts
Summit Point's Turn 8 Changes Underway
Since there is still construction going on at Summit Point, BSR would like to inform riders that pit bikes and ATVs are not allowed out of the paddock. This is especially important now that more construction is going on in the State Dept side of the property. There is a lot of heavy equipment moving around and some of the riders like to go over there and play, which again isn't allowed!
BSR is also showing their commitment to improving rider safety by changes they are making to the facility for us. One area that is probably of biggest concern to CCS and other riders is Turn 8. BSR is working to level that area as much as possible and move the barriers farther back to allow a little more runoff room.
BSR is also removing the guardrail that was atop the turn 8 berm as well as moving the tub back to behind the fence. This, combined with leveling the berm and pushing it back, allows greater visibility before going into the turn and removes a potential immoveable barrier from the area.
New Forms & Information about the AMA RoadRace Grand Championships @ New Jersey
As previously announced on June 11th in Roadracing World Magazine, the AMA RoadRace Grand Championships will be held in conjunction with our CCS races September 6th-7th at New Jersey Motorsports Park. More information is now available.
We have posted today the Pre-Entry form, the Tentative Event Schedule as well as the Complete AMA RRGC Rulebook. Links have been added to our New Jersey venue page as well. The Pre-Entry deadline for the event is August 22nd (5pm Central) for CCS Pre-Entries and August 26th for the AMA RRGC races.
Established in 1997, the AMA presents AMA Horizon
Awards annually to outstanding riders in motocross, dirt track and road
racing. This award recognizes the A class rider who is poised for success in the pro ranks.
VIR ADDS SAFETY ZONE TO PIT IN/OUT
VIR has painted blend lines on the North Course pits to reflect a no drive zone to help
identify the pit lanes and to hopefully avoid late dive in's and early dive out's.
Officials will monitor & enforce penalties for anyone crossing these green and yellow “no drive through” areas.
Visit our VIR page for the most current information.
ROAD AMERICA PADDOCK PARKING CHANGES
Due to the more than 10” of rain Road America has received over the last week, the facility staff has asked that our racers pay attention to the following list of what areas are available to our participants and the practices that we have done in the past that have changed:
1. We cannot use the staging area for anyone to park on. This area is soft grass and you will get stuck. With that in mind, we are asking that our riders not to come to the track until very late Friday afternoon for move in. There truly is no place to park until they can access the paddock areas.
2. The Competition Paddock is closed to any kind of parking what so ever. (This is the location with the grass areas in the middle of the paddock.) There will be people there working to restore the grass areas in Competition Paddock as well as in other areas of the facility and we need to stay away from those areas that have been or are being repaired.
3. Our riders will have the full main paddock to use and if they park with some semblance of order and common sense, we will fit a lot more into that space and avoid having to spill over into the other areas until the main paddock is truly full.
4. In addition to the main paddock, we can park on the new asphalt that is called Lower West Paddock. That is located to the West of the Medical Building in what used to be South Paddock a while ago.
5. Also, there is another new area behind the Orion Garages up on the hill that is called the “bone yard” that is also open to our participants. Not the upper Motorhome park, but the new asphalt that is to the North of that area.
6. Road America is also allowing people to paddock in the North Paddock but they must remain on the asphalt and not go on the grass with any kind of machine at all. The Lester building is also available but with no charge and no electricity.
7. Lastly, the area called the “corporate pad” located drivers right as you exit the HAWK Tunnel is open for paddock.
The overall message is that we can only on park on the asphalt and if someone makes the mistake of not listening, they be financially responsible for damages caused to the facility but they will risk ASRA/CCS not being invited back to Road America in the future.
"Unfinished Business" at Homestead for CCS/Florida
Championship Cup Series/Florida has rescheduled the final two races that were rained-out last Sunday at the Homestead-Miami Speedway. The Expert/Amateur Middleweight GP and Expert Unlimited GP "Shoot-Out" races will be run at the next event at Homestead July 26-27.
They will run on Saturday afternoon with only those riders entered in the June 22 races. Grid positions, points, contingency, cash purse and all awards remain the same.
CCS Florida Changes Event Schedule
Championship Cup Series/Florida regretfully must cancel the October 4-5, 2014 Jennings GP event. This due to noise levels during race events that could cause the track to be shut down completely, according to the track owner. CCS is not the only race organization affected by this situation. Until this problem has been taken care of, there will be no sanctioned racing events held at Jennings GP.
Before this, CCS/Florida had been working on safety issues with officials at the Palm Beach International Raceway to bring motorcycle road racing back in 2015. However, that plan has been accelerated and the cancelled October 4-5, 2014 JGP event will be replaced with an event at PBIR on September 27-28, 2014 for the Florida Region.
With regards to the Southeast Region, that event has been moved to VIR September 20-21, 2014. It will be their final event and pay double points.
Rider Registration Reminders & Improvements
Registration should be the least stressful part of your race weekend. But, that isn't always the case, especially at events with large attendance.
Together we can speed up the process & reduce stress for everyone!
How we are helping ..
We have split the Pre-Entry lines!
- Pre-Entry - No Changes
- Pre-Entry - With Changes
(Use this line for changes, additions or deletions. Fill out the
top of a CCS/ASRA Post Entry form.)
How you can help ..
Have these items before getting in line:
- Photo ID
- CCS/ASRA License
- Transponder Numbers
- AMA Membership Card
- Completed Forms as necessary:
- New License Form
- Post-Entry form (for all new entries, including add-ons)
If everyone cooperates, all of us should have a much-improved registration experience.
Your CCS Staff
USGPRU SCHEDULE CHANGED
The final round of the 2014 season has moved from Blackhawk Farms to Miller Motorsports Park. The event will run on the same weekend of September 27-28.
We will also be making it a Double Points weekend in that there will be two points paying races in the Moto3 class, and the 250GP will be a double points race.
CCS, ASRA & USGPRU SEASON OPENER COMING UP!
After the great season opener at Homestead, our next event at Roebling Road March 8-9 will also be a big one since it kick-starts the ASRA, USGPRU, Mid-Atlantic and SouthEast seasons.
To clean out the cobwebs for returning riders and assist the many new faces competing with us for the first time, we thought it prudent to post a few reminders.
- There's still time to sign up for the Kern Track Day and the New Racers Clinic.
- An AMA Membership is required to race all USGPRU and ASRA events. (Each Team Challenge rider needs one, not just the team captain.) - Join AMA online
- Remember to bring your AMA Membership card to Registration! Our clerks must log in your AMA member number and the expiration date.
- Transponder Numbers must be written on All Entry Forms! (bring the #s to registration)
- Team Challenge bikes are required to use either an Endurance Transponder (with a large "E" printed on the label) -or- a Hardwired Transponder. More about transponders
- Ride S-L-O-W-L-Y through the Transponder Activation Stations & verify activation!
- We want you to get the Most out of your CCS/ASRA racing experience! If you need help, call, email and/or visit our FAQs pages. Phone: 817-246-1127 / email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Your CCS Staff
CCS MID-WEST SCHEDULE CHANGE
Heartland Park Topeka has been removed from the schedule due to scheduling conflicts at the facility. At this time we are exploring our options for a date at a different facility, changing the August Blackhawk event to a Twin Sprint or dropping the round entirely.
CANCELLED: May 3-4 Heartland Park Topeka
CCS FLORIDA CHANGES SCHEDULE
Palm Beach International Raceway has been removed from the schedule due to safety issues. Therefore, one event has been totally cancelled and another has been moved to a different track.
- CANCELLED: May 25-26 (Memorial Day)
- July 26-27 event moved to Homestead
REGION CHAMPIONSHIP AWARDS PRESENTATION PARTIES
It's time to celebrate the 2013 Season! The TOP Dogs in each region will be honored with their well-earned trophies at Awards Presentation Parties, so make your plans to attend.
Bring teammates, friends & family for a night of celebration! See all Trophy Winners
2013 Awards Banquet Dates
Jan. 18: Mid-West Region
Feb. 8: Atlantic & Mid-Alantic Regions
Feb. 15: Florida Region
Mar. 8: SouthEast Region
Click here for full details & to make reservations (including special motel room rates if available)
2014 CCS Tentative Chronological Schedule Subject to Revision!
|Feb 15-16||Homestead Miami Speedway||Homestead FL
|Mar 8-9||Roebling Road Raceway||Bloomingdale GA
|Apr 5-6||Jennings GP||Jennings FL
|Apr 12-13||Carolina Motorsports Park**||Kershaw SC
|Apr 26-27||New Hampshire Motor Speedway||Loudon NH
|May 3-4||Heartland Park Topeka**||Topeka KS
|May 3-4||Homestead Miami Speedway||Homestead FL
|May 3-4||NJMP Thunderbolt||Millville NJ
|May 17-18||New Hampshire Motor Speedway||Loudon NH
|May 17-18||Blackhawk Farms Raceway||South Beloit IL
|May 24-25-26||Summit Point Raceway||Summit Point WV
|May 25-26||Palm Beach Intl Raceway||W. Palm Beach FL
|June 14-15||Virginia International Raceway||Alton VA
|June 20-21-22||New Hampshire Motor Speedway||Loudon NH
|June 21-22||Homestead Miami Speedway||Homestead FL
|June 28-29||Summit Point Raceway**||Summit Point WV
|July 5-6||Road America**||Elkhart Lake WI
|July 19-20||NJMP Thunderbolt||Millville NJ
|July 19-20||Blackhawk Farms Raceway**||South Beloit IL
|July 26-27||New Hampshire Motor Speedway||Loudon NH
|July 26-27||Palm Beach Intl Raceway||W. Palm Beach FL
|Aug 16-17||New Hampshire Motor Speedway||Loudon NH
|Aug 16-17||Blackhawk Farms Raceway||South Beloit IL
|Aug 23-24||Summit Point Raceway||Summit Point WV
|Aug 30-31||Roebling Road Raceway||Bloomingdale GA
|Aug 30-31||New Hampshire Motor Speedway||Loudon NH
|Sep 6-7||NJMP Thunderbolt**||Millville NJ
|Sep 20-21||Virginia International Raceway||Alton VA
|Sep 27-28||Blackhawk Farms Raceway**||South Beloit IL
|Oct 4-5||Jennings GP||Jennings FL
|Oct 4-5||New Hampshire Motor Speedway||Loudon NH
|Oct 16-17-18-19||Daytona International Speedway||Daytona Beach FL
|Dec 6-7||Homestead Miami Speedway||Homestead FL
| ||** Twin Sprint Events||Revised 11/06/13
... Back to Archived News | Current News